Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Charm" Banner


With St. Patty's Day and Easter right around the corner, 
It's time to get going on decorations, 
and you're in luck! 
This banner is my first attempt at "greening" up the casa! 

To make your own, here is what you need:


*Burlap
*Scrapbook Paper
*Binding or ribbon
*Scissors
*Tacky Glue
*Sewing Machine
*Embelishments


1. Trace your pennant pattern onto the fabric. (5 times)
and cut them out. 


2. Lay them out on the binding to check your spacing. 
When you are ready, fold the binding over and pin in place. 


3. Sew the fabric into the binding.


(Make sure to leave extra binding on the ends for hanging!)

4. Cut your paper lettering and shapes out of the scrapbook paper.
{{I used my Cricut for the lettering & hand cut the shamrocks}}
Glue them down to the burlap using your tacky glue. 

5. Get our your embellishments & go to town! 


And there you go! 

Happy Crafting! 


7 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, that is darling. I have NO St. Patricks Day decor ... how bad is that?! I need to make your banner... =)

Amanda said...

Thank you!
And it was SO easy! :)

Lori said...

Glad I found you on the Linky hop...I'm following with GFC and LF. I would love if you stopped by and followed back if you are not, so we can stay connected. Lori@ http://www.bleak2unique.com

Angela @ The Not So Functional Housewife said...

So cute! I love the buttons that you used!

~Angela

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Sewing the burlap onto the binding tape was a great idea. Looks great and makes the banner so versatile! Pinned. Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Look forward to seeing other projects!

Bethany@http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/ said...

Thank you for the step by step tutorial! I love this and will try it soon! Thanks for inspiring me!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!