Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Floor Update: DONE!

We are finished! 

After sanding, sweeping, taping, staining, and finishing....
we are DONE!

Caleb worked SO hard on this project and it shows! 

So... after much contemplation, 
did we go two toned or just a finish....



Two toned won!! 

What do you think? 

I love that it defines the original spaces in this old home! 


{Here I am just cleaning up the floor for staining!}


{The hubby just staining away!}


{Starting to move back in!} 


Overall I am SUPER happy with it! I love the contrasting colors, although I was scared that the center was too dark at first, it matches the old wood trim and our furniture perfectly! 

What do you think?! 


9 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! Lots of hard work paid off!

AFwife7911 said...

Wow - I absolutely LOVE it! So beautiful and modern. Great work!

Amanda said...

Thank you! We are so happy with it!
It was hard, but it is so worth it!

Devon Riesenberg said...

oh wow, I've never see this look before and it's lovely and so cool! great job!!

I'm so jealous...LOVE hardwood floors!

Laurie @ Rookiewife520.blogspot.com said...

So glad you stuck with the two toned. I LOVE it and it adds so much character :o) I know you have to be excited to complete this project. I would be!

Anne@A Little Fur in the Paint said...

Beautiful! Lovely blog, I'm a new follower!
Best,
Anne ♥♥

Michelle said...

It looks wonderful - great job - I know you are glad you're finished, it is alot of hard work to do floors. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

4you-withlove said...

OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your new floor! it is GORGEOUS!

The Lovely Mrs. P said...

You guys are sooo brave~ Love it!! Stopping by to let you know I am featuring you today! Stop by and link up again!
Kim@madeinaday
http://madeinaday.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!